Field Applications Scientist II – East Coast
Rec # 1016
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Field Based, US – East Coast
Celsee is looking for a dedicated Field Applications Scientist II responsible for application training and troubleshooting on our next-gen microtechnology platforms for automated label-free isolation, analysis and retrieval of single cells. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing life science company with a disruptive technology in the RUO and clinical market space. FAS candidates will play a primary role in supporting all Celsee platforms and contributing to the success of new products as they are released at customer sites.
- Schedule and perform applications training in the field at end-user sites
- Communicates often with end-users, obtaining feedback on products, applications, workflows, and customer requests for future enhancements.
- Interface with Field Service Team, Regional Sales Team, and Internal Applications Teams.
- Communicate effectively within a team to enhance others knowledge and disseminate information.
- Maintain the CRM system for customer applications trainings, issues, complaints, and updates.
- Compliance with all validated application documents and quality SOP’s.
- Mentor, train and support other FAS team members as needed.
- Continually hone base scientific & technological knowledge for customer support, concentrating on knowing and identifying current and novel applications which would ensure customer success.
- Participate and lead training courses.
- Help create, edit, and proof Celsee support documentation used for training and product support.
- Be flexible in work schedule to accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Provide timely and accurate expense reports.
- Positively contribute to building and developing a support team unlike any others in the Biotech industry.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences and 5+ years of experience in the Life Sciences with a minimum of 2 years in Field Applications. Minimum of 3 years relevant lab experience
- 2 years’ experience supporting optical systems, electro-mechanical assemblies and fluidic systems
- Basic understanding of single cell isolation and applications
- A technically savvy individual who can assess customer needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success
- Strong customer focus, analytical skills and problem solver
- Proven ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time
- Proven to be highly organized and self-motivated
- Can demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills