Scientist – Cell Biology/Molecular Pathology
Rec # 1020
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Onsite, US – MI – Ann Arbor
Celsee Incorporated is looking for an outstanding scientist to drive development of new biological sample preparation and analysis methods. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing advanced methods or systems for analysis of tissue samples. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, applications, chemistry, microfluidics and engineering.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- As a strong technical contributor, you will drive projects for preparation and characterization of high-quality unfixed tissue sections and high-quality single cell suspensions
- You will develop quantitative assays including multicolor in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence and other molecular assays – single and multiplex. You will bring up these assays from scratch including provision of critical equipment.
- You need significant next generation sequencing (NGS) experience and are responsible for quickly learning and mastering our NGS product workflows, and becoming conversant in NGS data analysis
- You will work on cross-disciplinary teams – You will collaborate in building innovative genomics products, which includes including development, validation, and troubleshooting
- You will plan and perform systematic protocol optimization by modeling, identification of critical steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- You will follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or a similar field plus minimum >2 years postdoctoral or industry experience
- Proven ability to develop advanced methods or systems for cell or tissue analysis, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications or published patents
- High proficiency or mastery in tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and microscopy is a firm requirement
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in high-content screening, single-cell genomics, functional genomics or immunology a significant plus
- Experience working with primary cells or tissue dissociation a plus
- Experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data a significant plus