Rec # 1021
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Onsite, US – Michigan – Ann Arbor
Lead development of novel chemistries for Celsee’s comprehensive single cell analysis technologies. Innovate unique chemistries and protocols for single molecule detections and characterizations for high throughout single cell analysis
- Lead development and optimization of library prep chemistries for Celsee’s novel single cell sequencing preparation protocol.
- Lead development and optimization of novel surface chemistry methods, including development of new polymers.
- Development of barcoded microspheres for capture of specific molecules (DNA, RNA or proteins) from single cells.
- Lead collaborations with external partners for developing and manufacturing modified nucleotides, engineered polymerases, polymers, peptides, oligonucleotides, and related chemistry.
- Preparation and purification of synthetic RNA and chemically modified synthetic RNA using automated solid-phase synthesis techniques.
- Develop and optimize synthetic protocols and purification protocols .
- Document and organize the data generated into clear and easy to read reports.
- Development of new prototypes and intellectual property.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in a field such as Biochemistry, Nucleic Acid Enzymology, or related field.
- 5+ years of R&D in the area of chemistry development.
- Prior experience with nucleic acid chemistry and polymerase enzymology.
- Prior experience with polymer and surface chemistry development.
- Prior experience with nucleotide synthesis, photochemistry, DNA/RNA labeling and purifications, DNA/RNA single molecule analysis.
- Knowledge of NGS technology and methods.
- Prior experience of standard molecular biology techniques (PCR, electrophoresis) required.
- Experience in start-up environments is a plus.
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines) and to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills for working on cross-functional multi- disciplinary teams, and ability to clearly present experimental results and analysis to multi- disciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
- Punctual, Regular and consistent attendance.