Rec # 1035
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Onsite, US – Michigan – Ann Arbor
Building tools to isolate cells and understand their behavior is what we do. Are you looking to push past traditional boundaries and scale your potential? We are growing and seeking talented people to help up make a difference.
Celsee, Inc., a privately held company in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is breaking through the traditional barriers of single-cell analysis and delivering clinical-grade technology designed to support the life sciences revolution and precision medicine. Based on a gentle, gravity-induced, micro-well isolation technique, the patented technology forms the foundation for a scalable and flexible single-cell analysis platform that makes more experiments feasible. Celsee’s first product, the Genesis system, enables scientists to analyze and interpret cellular behavior and collect previously inaccessible information for improved results in applications such as proteogenomics, next-generation sequencing, immune monitoring, and cell therapy.
We are looking for an organic chemist with an exceptionally strong background in organic synthesis to perform research in the design, synthesis and characterization of polymer substrates. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing variants and other reagents used in oligonucleotide design and synthesis. This position will interact closely with other scientists and professionals in Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Product Development, Engineering, Manufacturing and Executive Management.
- Conceive, identify and develop novel/optimized substrate design and other reagents for assays running on the Celsee technology platform
- Plan and perform substrate optimization by modeling, identification of limiting steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Contribute engineering expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams
- Work closely with computational biologists to interpret data generated by novel/optimized products and reagents
- Drive and support scale-up and technology transfer from R&D to Manufacturing
- Work closely with Process Development and Manufacturing staff to develop quality control and manufacturing strategies for novel/optimized products and reagents
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or a similar field, with a minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in academia and/or industry
- Proven ability to develop novel or optimized substrates, affinity reagents or other protein reagents, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or launched products
- Training and research experience in Polymer Science or Polymer Chemistry is required, including hands-on experience in the areas of polymer synthesis using one or more polymerization processes
- Must have a fundamental understanding of RNA/DNA synthesis
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- A winning desire to design and execute on game-changing technologies; thus, impacting all of life science
Desired Skills and Background:
- Experience in next-generation sequencing technologies and applications
- Experience in genomics, genetics and/or immunology
- Experience in set-up, running, & computational analysis of next-generation sequencing data
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.